Misleading, deceptive or fraudulent jobs
Job posts must not promote employment opportunities that are misleading, deceptive or fraudulent.
- Unclear business models that do not explicitly state how to make money or how value is created
- Multi-level marketing schemes
- Posts asking for payment prior to applying
Illegal products and services
Job posts must not promote employment opportunities that involve illegal activity, products or services.
- Illegal criminal activity
- Use, sale or service of illegal drugs
- Human trafficking
- Counterfeit documents or currency
Job posts must not unlawfully discriminate against applicants based on any protected characteristics, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition or any other basis protected under federal, state or local law. Job posts must comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination.
- “Only looking for female applicants”
- “Must be under age 35 to apply”
- “No Catholic applicants welcome”
- “Unmarried applicants preferred”
Sexually suggestive jobs
Job posts must not promote employment opportunities in a sexually suggestive manner.
- Explicit sexual language
- Implied sexual acts
- Images with implied nudity
Adult products and services
Job posts must not promote employment opportunities that require adult services or use of adult products.
- Escort services
- Jobs that involve sex toys
- Jobs that involve sexual enhancement products
- Jobs that involve videos, publications or live shows that are sexual in nature or involve nudity
Job posts must not solicit personal identification or financial information from any potential applicants.
- Credit card information
- Bank account information
- Government-issued ID information